Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2017 16:34:22 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Dave Horsfall" <dave@horsfall.org>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Procmail Vulnerabilities check

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:16:54 +1100 (EST) "Dave Horsfall" <dave@horsfall=2Eorg>=
 said

> On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Steve Kargl wrote:
>=20
> > First, there is movement afoot to remove sendmail from FreeBSD and=20
> > replace it with dma(1)=2E
>=20
> There is?  Is there anything else that they're going to spring on us?
>=20
> (I'm still annoyed that they removed "jive" because it upset someone's=20
> delicate sensibilities=2E)
Hmm=2E This does not come as good news to me=2E I've been working on an antispa=
system that targets the use of Sendmail, for about a year (not counting the
untold hours spent tuning it over the years)=2E Sure, many aren't comfortable
with the m4(1) macros=2E But c'mon=2E Please don't=2E
As to these backstage removal discussions; is it remotely possible that
those of whom continue to use, and contribute to *BSD after all these years
might be included in these discussions?
I understand the tantrums, and bikeshedding that's occurred in the past,
revolving around these types of discussion(s)=2E But may I humbly suggest tha=
t it
may be largely in part, because these decisions were simply *sprung* on
everyone? Which is bound to insight some degree of panic in some, or perhap=
even many=2E

--Chris