Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:06:09 +1030 (CST)
From:      Jarrod Sayers <Jarrod.Sayers@unisa.edu.au>
To:        Pierrick Brossin <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>
Subject:   Re: PHP4 + GD

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Pierrick Brossin wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:16:03 +0100
> From: Pierrick Brossin <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>
> Subject: PHP4 + GD
>
> Hi!
>
> Is there any reason why I can't install PHP with GD ?
> I tried to take GD1 and GD2 at installation but when I do phpinfo(); it says it
> has been compiled the following way:
>
> './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs'
> '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/etc' '--enable-versioning'
> '--with-regex=system' '--without-gd' '--without-mysql' '--with-zlib'
> '--with-mysql=/usr/local' '--prefix=/usr/local' 'i386-portbld-freebsd4.7'

Pierrick,

The Makefile for /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 has --without-gd as one of the
CONFIGURE_ARGS.  You need to take that line out, do a make clean and make
install again, selecting either GD1 or GD2.

I don't know why its there in the first place.  We use it alot and every
time we build a new system or do a port upgrade on an existing one, we
have to keep removing that line - what a PITA.

HTH.

Jarrod Sayers
Information Strategy and Technology Services
University of South Australia
Phone: +61 8 8302 4809

"There are only 10 types of people in the world:
 Those who understand binary, and those who don't"