Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 12:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ruediger Studanski <innotech_sw@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C589D and APA 1460 and... on a thinkpad 560

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Ruediger Studanski wrote:

> As PC-Card  I have a Adaptec Slim SCSI APA 1460A (io: 340; IRQ 10)
> and a 3Com Card 3C589D ISA/PCI) at (io: 300; IRQ 11) or also a
> ACCTON EN2216 (io: 300; IRQ 11), which under NT40 at this computer
> work without any problems.
> Unter BSD I have a new kernel built, but neither the 3Com yet the SCSI
> card work.

Okay.  First, the Adaptec isn't supported under the core system.  Second,
the 3c589D has spotty results using the zp driver.

Solution:  Grab the PAO boot floppy from http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO.

> under X-window have I following problem:
> if I've X closed, be absent nearly! all types on the  screen (?!)
> what's  wrong ??

Laptops are notoriously hard to configure for X.  Use the SVGA server and
if you're still having trouble contact freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org.  Try to
give them as much info about your display as possible (ie, LCD panel type,
video card as reported by X, etc.)

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo