Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:10:06 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Roman D. Sinyuk" <srd@umc.com.ua>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my 2.2.7 panic

On Wednesday, 23 December 1998 at 10:47:57 +0200, Roman D. Sinyuk wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I have a big problem with my 2.2.7 box. After installing mysql-3.22.13
> and running
> sql benchmark test on database placed on ccd stripped disk,  the
> following messages
> periodically  appeared on console
>
>   /kernel freeinode /db/23044 had 16 block
>   /kernel freeinode /db/23044 had 32 block
>   /kernel freeinode /db/23044 had 16 block
>
> Whad does it mean? Since 30-40 min system was panic:
>
> dev=0x1501 block=3080 fs=/db
> panic: blkfree: freing free block

This looks very much like a consistency problem.  I haven't seen this
kind before; have you had any other error messages?  How were you
using the ccd?  Was it a file system or a raw partition?

> But, if I run sql benchmark on usual (non ccd) disk, all was fine.

Have you been able to reproduce the problem since then?

> Does it make sense migrate from  ccd to vinum?

Of course :-)  At least you will get more attention from me then.

> or bug not in ccd ?

It's difficult to say, but it appears that ccd is part of the problem.
It would be interesting to see your configuration, both /etc/ccd.conf
and /etc/fstab.

Greg