Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 21:58:12 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with the setup script for StarOffice 3.1

> Next, I went into /usr/ports/editors/staroffice and installed Star Office
> 3.1.  The main installation went OK and it says to start the Star Office
> Writer program, that I should enter 'swriter3' command and it will run an
> install script the first time I run the command.
>
> I did a 'rehash' and then entered the 'swriter3 &' command.  The first
> time, I got "/usr/home/mark/.sd.sh not found," so I copied
> /usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/sd.sh to /usr/home/mark/.sd.sh and tried again.

Did you get the "User Install required..." message when you tried to
start Starwriter?  Please quote the exact messages you saw; I expect it
would have been:

User Install required before swriter3 can be run, please wait...
<some error relating to setup failing>
Can't find initialisation script ~/.sd.sh, User Install must be
completed before swriter3 can be run.

If you aren't seeing this, you're not running the right swriter3.  If
you are, we need to work out why the setup program's not being run.

> This time I get:
>
>    /usr/home/mark/.sd.sh: 1: Syntax error: newline unexpected
>
> I checked through the sd.sh script, but it looks OK to me.

It's not.  You have copied the unsubstituted template.  Please follow
the instructions; they ought to work.  8)

> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Note that this is Star Office 3.1,
> not the beta version.  Thanks.

There is no appreciable difference between the two, apart from the
timeout.

mike