Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 2020 22:06:01 +0200
From:      "Hartmann, O." <o.hartmann@walstatt.org>
To:        Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartmann@walstatt.org>, FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling MOD_CC into kernel (TCP congestion control)?

--Sig_/UPxiVXHDuQ=H4GZxRfm/LOT

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 22:13:08 +0200
Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org> wrote:

> > On 25. Apr 2020, at 19:28, Hartmann, O. <ohartmann@walstatt.org>
> > wrote:
> >=20
> > On a firewall/router project of ours I try to experiment with
> > several options/algorithms for mod_cc(4). The kernel is compiled
> > statically, so that no kernel module can be loaded at runtime,
> > therefor I need to compile the different modules mod_cc into the
> > kernel.
> >=20
> > The manpage mod_cc(4) states: " ... Algorithm modules can be
> > compiled into the kernel or loaded as kernel modules ..."
> >=20
> > Trying to figure out which manpage could hold the necessary
> > information how to proceed with compiling those modules statically
> > into the kernel, I tried tcp(4), mod_cc(4) and tried to get some
> > informations from /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES - without any succes.
> >=20
> > Can someone point me to the correct manpage to perform the desired
> > task? =20
> Hi,
>=20
> I can't point you to a man page, but do you get what you want if you
> add lines like the existing one
> netinet/cc/cc_newreno.c         optional inet | inet6
> to sys/conf/files for the CC modules you would like to get compiled
> in your kernel?
>=20
> Best regards
> Michael
> >=20
> > Thanks in advance,
> > kind regards
> >=20
> > O. Hartmann =20
>=20

Hello.

Thank you very much for the hint. Doing like suggested make me feel
back in the times of "config" for BSD kernel configurations ;-)

Well, as I stated in the original question, the subject is a littel
project where we'd like to compile those modules into the kernel. That
is a requirement given by higher order (no modules available,
everything needed needs to be static in the kernel, no

oh