Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 1999 01:52:17 -0700
From:      "Robert Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        tMind@bigfoot.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, sturgeon@webworks2000.net
Subject:   Re: Unix help

After you've gotten your feet wet with sendmail, you might try atdot, it's
not that hard to set up and they do have a pretty active mailing list =
for=20
help.  Atdot does it's best to simulate a hotmail service.  If you want=20
that kinda thing take a look at http://oliver.imagegroup.com/
for an example of what you can do with it.  You can subscribe at
http://www.atdot.org and you can search the mailing list at
http://hinduweb.org/atdot-archive/
To be truly hotmail like you will have to set up virtusertables
a step by step is at http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html

>>> "Tenacious" <tMind@bigfoot.com> 7/3/99 7:39:28 AM >>>
Answers to your question:
1. su yourself to root right, and do a 'passwd' will change your root =
password.
2. Use Sendmail (come w/ FreeBSD, make sure you have the later version)
3. use 'ftp' to get your tar file and put it in the directory and do 'tar =
xfv tarfile.tar' or 'tar xfvz tarfile.tar.gz'
Except your first and third question, the mail could be a huge topic.  You =
better get yourself some books to familiar your on this topic.
  ----- Original Message -----=20