Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:33:46 -0700
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: 1.3.1 patchset 7

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 09:58:18AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > HotSpot was the last thing I really wanted to finish. Since I got it
> > largely working now, I've made the effort to focus on other things that
> > are key to what I want to do in the near future.
>
> Sorry to hear that :(.  I understand what you are saying though!  Thanks
> for all the work you've put into HotSpot and native threads.

Consider it a happy thing and a completion of a long term task that's lasted
for 1 year and 7 months. It was originally a technical dare both for me and
the BSD/OS group to see if I can handle this level of work as a test for me
to get into the core engineering group. I consider it a big success despite
the crap talking behind my back and various other political issues I've deal
with during that time, namely from people rather limited conceptual view of
what a high level engineer is and therefore sociologically limited as a result
of this.

During that time I had a lot of fun, exploited the first professional break
I've ever gotten, made a name for myself in BSD community, connected to
high level Sun (Calvin Austion, etc...) and FreeBSD folks (Matt Dillion, Robert
Watson, Julian Elischer, Jeffery Hsu are all a blast), hung out and taken care
by a great group of folks at BSD/OS (world caliber by any account) that kept
me out of trouble, focused and taught me a lot about a lot of things.

Really, this portion of the my experience is just incredibly positive.
Hopefully, I can build on things like this and do other really good things for
folks that deserve it. ;)

I'll be around. ;)

bill