Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:50:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@RWSystems.net>
To:        Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any experience with T3/HSSI cards and FreeBSD?

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Jon Rust wrote:
> At 5:20 PM -0400 7/14/99, Dennis was again pimping his product:
> >Dont pay too much attention to our list prices. The gov't is buying them at
>
> Don't pay too much attention to Dennis period. Browse through
> archives of inet-access and you'll see what I mean. The other vendors
> deserve more of your attention.

Oh no, not the Dennis basher's club again! Next thing we'll be hearing
from the guy who didn't get some screws and cheerful support and can't
find a hardware store. If Dennis sold nothing but junk, he would be gone,
but he isn't. He isn't Mr. Sunshine(tm) all the time, but his stuff works!

> Some great "Dennisisms":

Meaning "things I can't quote because it's what I think he meant", right?

>    - All ISPs are in the business of pirating software
>
>    - No ISPs are potential customers of his
>
>    - Any ISP that blocks spam should be sued and possibly thrown in
> the slammer

Here is where we disagree, I don't know what he was smoking... 8{(

>    - Anyone that is too stupid to figure out his products on their own with
>      no support, doesn't qualify to buy them
>
> No, I'm not making these up. Yes, his product seems attractive, but
> for me, his general demeanor online would scare me away.

But have you ever *used* his products? I agree he isn't always sunshine
and is frequently condescending, but his products *really* work on FreeBSD
and he has a technical clue. He might do well to hire a 'handler' for some
of his more righteous customers. Most of them swear by his products from
what I've seen. Some of them swear at him, then things go downhill...

Like everyone else, I'm going to ask why this is getting started on this
list again and that we move on to something else... Thanks - Jy@