Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 02:00:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        "Alexey G. Misurenko" <mag@ipc.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: domain name with 2 ip address

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Alexey G. Misurenko wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Did any body do this:
>
> host with  named HOST.DOMAIN
> has 2 ip address. x.x.x.x andt y.y.y.y
> My DNS server for DNS request from net A.A.A.A/N
> return x.x.x.x addres and to the request
> fron network B.B.B.B/M return y.y.y.y?
>
> How I can make work this sheme?

I don't think you can give different answers depending on where the
request comes from.

However, if you can have the two nets ask on either x.x.x.x or y.y.y.y, it
can work.

I think you can have two nameservers, each listening on different
adresses.
Then you can have different configfiles for each instance.

It sounds hairy to me...