Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:36:19 -0400
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        kstewart@owt.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd into an extended partition

Thanks for the reply.

>From: Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
>It didn't matter. My mailer mangled it anyway. The sysinstall fdisk will do
>what you need to do. You delete the extended partition and then use what is
>left as a FreeBSD slice.

OK, but the sysinstall fdisk has a "Change Type" option that seemed to work.
When I tried it, it changed the EXTENDED partition/slice to FreeBSD.

Do I need to actually Delete the EXTENDED partition and then recreate
it as a FreeBSD slice? (is that safer, or otherwise recommended)
It seems that "Change Type" does this in one step.

BTW, I have nothing on the EXTENDED partition.  It is only there to hold
FreeBSD.

John