Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 2015 00:46:49 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: unable to boot a healthy zfs pool: all block copies unavailable

On 06/11/2015 07:53, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On 06.11.2015 02:58, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>
>> It could be that your BIOS is not able to read past 1TB (512 * INT_MAX). That
>> seems to be a rather common problem for consumer motherboards.
>> Here is an example of how it looked for me:
>> https://people.freebsd.org/~avg/IMAG1099.jpg
>> Fortunately, it wasn't a root pool that got the error.
> Mine looks way different: yours shows the pool info, mine shows 'BTX
> halted' message: http://zhegan.in/files/cannot-read-MOS.jpg .

My output is more verbose because I've added some extra diagnostics.
Also, as I've said, in my case is complain was not about a root pool.

> I'm
> running the latest BIOS for this motherboard (Gigabyte Z77P-D3, updated
> yesterday, stilll it's only 2012h year).

Fun fact - my problem is also with the latest BIOS for my motherboard.
The previous BIOS version does not have the problem.

> If it's still the BIOS-related
> bug, what wokraround can I use - reslice the disk and create the root
> pool inside first Tb, right ?

That's what I would do to be sure that I'm safe.

--
Andriy Gapon