Date:      Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:23:03 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Qing Li <qingli@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple routes to same destination

Qing Li wrote:

I use mpd to greate one VPN between the sites, using Multilink PPP, so that
data is sent across both links (eitehr round-robon or split packet).
I use MPD's udp transport mode to open two UDP sockets
and send packets from R1 to R4 and from R2 to R3 (in the diagram below).
MPD will automatically detect if on e link is down and redirect
everything through the remaining link.