Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:09:12 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd-feb@penguinpowered.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail server questions (SMTP Auth, Imap and virtual domains)

Hi all,

I've got a mail setup doing virtualhosts as described at
http://www.penguinpowered.org/documentation/exim_virtualhosting.html

My users can pull their mail down with POP, but have to use their ISP's
SMTP server for outgoing mail.

I'd like to do two things at this stage, and I'd appreciate any advice
on pointers to help me achieve these:

1. Setup SMTP Auth with Exim so that they can use my boxes for outgoing
SMTP. This would allow me to setup SPF on their domains as well, which
would be a plus.

2. Setup a webmail solution. I'm currently using Squirrelmail for users
that exist in /etc/passwd (not very many!), and am considering a
migration to Horde/IMP. Near as I can tell though it's not the webmail
client that matters, but the imap server. Does anyone know of an imap
server that will do 'virtual mailboxes' like vm-pop3d does ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
A good sysadmin always carries around a few feet of