Date:      Fri, 09 May 2008 14:55:06 -0400
From:      DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FBSD 6.2 Xeon 2.4ghz CPU and high load

Chuck Swiger wrote:
> On May 9, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>>> Try 7.0 instead -- it has all of the speed at multi-threaded, multi-core
>>> type stuff but has also regained the sort of performance levels you
>>> could
>>
>> so 4.11 is fastest?
>
> For single-processor systems, FreeBSD 4.11 does very well at a lot of
> tasks.  However, Dave apparently has a 4-CPU system (~8 threads if he
> enabled hyperthreading), and for real SMP hardware, more recent versions
> of FreeBSD generally perform better than 4.x would.

Single CPU quad core.

ps -aux output is up, look under the FBSD dir. I also put up both
dmesg.boot files from the servers.

http://pixelhammer.com/Dan/

I do appreciate the assistance.

DAve

--
In 50 years, our descendants will look back on the early years
of the internet, and much like we now look back on men with