Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:07:08 -0800
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
To:        Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heimdal Key Table Entry Not Found

Tillman Hodgson wrote:

> It's very likely a name resolution problem:

It was in fact.  I caught myself out with a very obscure DNS
misconfiguration.  One host had a different resolv.conf where primary
and secondary DNS were reversed.  Then I also had an errant zone file
that was preventing zone transfers.  I was reverse resolving the new g3
host as the old g2 host as a result.  It was the situation you cited.

I checked and double checked DNS resolution forward and backward and
everything was perfect...  on that one host.  Grrr!

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells