Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:09:26 +0000
From:      "How Can ThisBe" <howcanthisbe300@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   'who' in single user mode, feature or bug?

I've noticed something that I'm not sure is a bug or a feature, so I'm
posting to 'questions' first :]

If a system is placed into single user mode over a remote terminal (I'm
using ssh in case that matters) using 'shutdown now', then a 'who' is called
(in single user mode) at the system console it will display a list of user
who where connected at the time of the shutdown. My understanding of 'who'
was that it showed connected users, not ghost.

(from 'man who')
The who utility displays information about currently logged in users.

Its kind of a cool feature/bug but is it correct?
(this is on a FreeBSD 4.7-RC system)