Date:      Thu, 23 May 2013 10:59:08 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Proposal: do not show up the dialog(1) by default?

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are already two "native" ways to do this:
>   make config-recursive
>   use a ports management tool like portmaster/portupgrade

portmaster certainly does not do this, nor make
config-recursive(although it faster than the portmaster dialog).  As I
already mentioned, portupgrade used to give them to you all at once,
no interruptions between IIRC.  As it stands right now, 'portmaster
x11/kde4' on a clean install pretty much guarantees you'll be console
baby sitting for 1/2 hr or more unless you use the accept defaults
option.  To put it another, I think the default make behavior should
be more akin 'make config-recursive' rather than take each OPTION as
it comes.

--
Adam Vande More