Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 1997 10:04:50 -0700
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        cfaehl@unm.edu
Subject:   problem with lpd starting up, can't print

I've been getting the following error(s) when lpd tries to startup.

# Nov  6 09:26:43 crow lpd[1997]: restarted
Nov  6 09:26:43 crow lpd[1997]: startup: duplicate spool directories:
/var/spool/output/lpd

the only reference that I can find to this error is in the Japanese
versions of the FAQs, being that I don't read Japanese I'm in a bit of a
quandry. Either I'm not looking in the right place or I need to find
someone to translate.

This is on a couple of different 2.2.5 installations. Can someone
enlighten me as to where this problem is comming from and what I might
do to fix it.

-yours in cluelessness
-Colin J.

--
Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
``...what you really wanted to ask was if the Universe is indeed