Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:34:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Richard Glidden <rglidden@zaphod.wox.org>
To:        Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4 on an Acer Craptop

I have an Acer 512T (just a different CPU, AFAIK), and had the same
problem.  I did a little searching on the net, and as far as I can tell,
the PCMCIA controller they use is not supported by FreeBSD.  At least not
in 4.0.  I'm running Linux on the machine for now, which does support
everything in the laptop fairly well.  (It's no FreeBSD, but at least it's
not Windows ;-) )

---
Richard Glidden
rglidden@zaphod.wox.org