Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:17:56 +0530
From:      "K. Arun"  <kar@giasmda.vsnl.net.in>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Keyboard freezes under 2.2.8.

Hi,

	I've been running FreeBSD 2.2.8 for about three weeks now. I've
set it up to boot straight into a wdm login. At times the keyboard
simply freezes (under both fvwm2 and WM), and no input is accepted.
None of the Lock (caps,num, etc.) work either. Since I can't switch to
a virtual terminal I'm generally forced to hit the reset button.

	The problem is not readily reproducible, it generally happens
within ten minutes of my logging in and starting the window manager.
It happens with XKB (what is it ?) enabled and disabled. Mouse clicks
still work fine. I'm able to use menus and buttons, but no text input
anywhere is allowed. I haven't really checked if this is a consequence
of my booting straight into X (wdm). I don't recall such a problem when
starting X from the console. What am I missing ?

	Thanks.
						- àrun

--
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell ?