Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:02:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Elton Chiu <echiu@majendie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup question

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Elton Chiu wrote:

> I'm wondering if I cvsup the whole cvs repository and install cvsupd to one
> of my FreeBSD server here, can I cvsup Current branch of the source tree on
> the same machine and cvsup Stable on other FreeBSD workstations on the local
> network?  If I could do that, then I wouldn't need to dial up twice to cvsup
> the source and wasting resources and bandwidth.

Couldn't see why not, if you can get cvsupd working.

> I read the man page for cvsupd and it mentioned about configuration files.
> Where can I find a sample of the configuration files to start with? Is it
> possible to get a copy from a working cvsup server?

I believe there is a way of grabbing the configuration directories from
the servers.  I forgot the collection name unfortunately -- it's something
like ``distrib'' but I'm not sure.  You'll have to check with one of the
cvsup server maintainers.

> Are there any documents on the theory and workings of "make world", "make
> release" and staying Stable/Current, etc. in addition to the Handbook and
> the html tutorial.  I am looking for information that would enable me to
> understand and solve problems during the make world/release.

You should subscribe to and bother the `freebsd-current' mailing list.
That will tell you if there known problems with the build and they can
help you with build problems.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo