Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 22:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        Anders Hanssen <andersbsd@bacchus.elanders.no>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: configuring a ftp daemon to handle multiple domains.

On 01-May-99 My Secret Spies Reported That Anders Hanssen  wrote:
> Hi world,
>=20
> I was wondering... Is it possible to set up a ftp daemon to host multiple
> domains (The way apache does with VirtualHost). I have a server hosting s=
ome
> webpages ( ex: www.my.domain and www.your.domain), It's no problem to set=
 up
> a record for ftp.my.domain and ftp.your.domain in dns but they all point =
> the same directory... Hmmm... I want separated directories for each
> domain... Anyone done this? Any ideas?
>=20
> Thanks in advance.
> -Anders
>=20

 I tried proftpd and found it cumbersome. It isn't free, but I like Ncftpd.=
 It
doesn't cost all that much and it is much more apache like. I simply have
scripts that setup a listing for users when it adds it to apache. Thus:
ftp://www or ftp.blah =3D ncftpd and http://www or ftp.blah =3D apache.

 Hope this helps

   Nicole

>=20