Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:22:11 +0200
From:      Andreas Rudisch <cyb.@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Print Server

--=-FlNwIzIEmycYB6ImFVg9

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 15:31 -0400, Lord Raiden wrote:
>          Hi all.  I'm building a Freebsd 5.3 based mini-itx file server o=
n=20
> my network here and I'd like to also turn it into a print server.  Thing=20
> is, I've got an HP Deskjet 842c printer that connects via USB that is my=20
> printer.  It's not lan capable which kinda complicates things.  THEREFORE=
,=20
> I'd like to connect it via USB to the new file server, then set it up to =
do=20
> printing for the whole network.  Now, my questions are this.
>=20
> 1.  What do I need to do to set this up on the file server?  Heck, if=20
> someone's got a tutorial somewhere on setting up a print server using=20
> freebsd and can tell me what special configs I need to make my usb=20
> connected HP printer work off it, that'd be awesome.
>=20
> 2.  What do I need to do to get my freebsd workstation to print to it?  T=
o=20
> date I haven't gotten around to configuring printing on the Freebsd=20
> Workstation (it's running 4.10) yet, so I think it's time I did=20
> that.  Again, a tutorial would be welcome.
>=20
> 3.  What do I have to do special, if anything, to allow my windows machin=
es=20
> to print to the printer via the print/file server on the network?  I'm=20
> running both 98se and WinXP Pro on them.
>=20
>          Sorry to bug you guys with something so trivial, but google wasn=
't=20
> being friendly to me with this subject, so I'm coming to you guys=20
> next.  Thanks in advance for any answers.  :D
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Steven Lake
> -Owner/Webmaster
> Raiden's Realm
> www.raiden.net

Here you go:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing.html
http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/printing.html#id=
2579155

--=20
GnuPG key  : 0xD25FCC81  |  http://cyb.websimplex.de/pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: D182 6F22 7EEC DD4C 0F6E  564C 691B 0372 D25F CC81

--=-FlNwIzIEmycYB6ImFVg9

--=-FlNwIzIEmycYB6ImFVg9--