Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 17:14:24 -0600
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Tani Hosokawa <unknown@riverstyx.net>, "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
Cc:        Questions FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: timeout on telnetd

If nothing else works maybe you can edit the source code for telentd and
see if you can modify the default timeout easily. I did this with ping so I
could change the default behavior, it was much easier than trying to fix my
perl script.. :)

At 02:51 PM 12/1/99 -0800, Tani Hosokawa wrote:
>You could use netcat to open up a permanent connection... might be easier.
>
>On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 04:32:01PM -0600, Paul T. Root wrote:
>> Is there a way to turn off the 300 second timeout of telnetd.
>>
>> I need to test some Firewall-1 timeout stuff and need a connection
>> to stay up indefinately without any keyboard hits.

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912			www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!