Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:08:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rodrigc@attbi.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with machine/cputype.h

In message: <20020914110206.A5087@attbi.com>
            Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com> writes:
: Hi,
:
: While looking into fixing the audio/rio port which
: fails to compile on -current, I found the following
: problem.  The following program compiles successfully
: with the C compiler, but will fail to compile
: as a C++ program (ie. rename the file to end with .cpp
: and compile with g++)
:
: #include <sys/types.h>
: #include <string.h>
: #include <machine/cpufunc.h>
:
:
: /include/machine/cpufunc.h: In function `int ffs(int)':
: /usr/include/machine/cpufunc.h:109: `int ffs(int)' was declared `extern' and
:    later `static'
: /usr/include/strings.h:44: previous declaration of `int ffs(int)'
:
:
: Is this problem the fault of the header file, the compiler, or the
: port?  Is there a fix for the header file possible?

I've fixed this in our local copy of FreeBSD.  It is trivial to fix.
I'll see about getting it into -current if it isn't there already.  I
thought I'd done this already and MFC'd it...

Warner