Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:58:50 -0700
From:      " Veronica Labarca" <vlf@unex.berkeley.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Enabling root login without an administrator account

Hi,
I have inherited a FreeBSD server and need to change the apache
configuration, but cannot log in to the server. I have the root password
(and know how to change it if needed in any case). The problem is that root
login is disabled. There are various administrative accounts on the server,
but I don't have the password to any of those. Can someone advise me as to
either, how to get the root login enabled or how to change the password on a
different account?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Viqui