Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:02:38 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Joe.Warner@smed.com
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine?

Joe.Warner@smed.com wrote:

> I think it would be a good idea to pick up a few of
> the most popular magazines, take note of who some
> of their most prominent advertisers are and send
> them a polite message.

Well, in the case of Linux Magazine, one of their more prominent
advertisers is BSDi and Walnut Creek :-)

I'm thinking that there's enough BSD vendors to get adverts for a
magazine, though maybe not enough to get one for a magazine quite as
slick as Linux Magazine. Remember the early Linux Journals. It shouldn't
be a problem lining up advertisers like OSDN (Slashdot, Freshmeat),
Applix, BSDi, Sendmail Inc, Loki, O'Reilly. And if all the ballyhoo
about making money is more than just talk, contact Helix and AbiSource.
And since FreeBSD is still big for ISPs, what about those companies
servicing ISPs?

David