Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:57:55 -0400
From:      "Donald E. Holt" <donald.holt@earthlink.net>
To:        Lee Dilkie <Lee@dilkie.com>
Subject:   Re: Striped Drive for OS File System

Lee, thanks so much for the great info. I may still bollix things up,
but at least I know that the operation itself isn't doomed from the
start...

The man pages seem to be thorough, so I believe I can work out the
precise steps there. I do have two remaining questions, if I may beg
your patience.

I am able to backup /usr to tape. In light of that fact, would you
recommend gstripe? I should do a bit more research on my own concerning
the differences between gstripe and gconcat prepared drives, I know, but
I'd value your advice.

Second question. The drive that currently contains /usr also has a swap
partition (in addition to the swap partition on the first SCSI drive). I
assume the second swap isn't absolutely necessary, but would it be
worthwhile (or possible) to designate a portion of the concatenated
space to swap?

Thanks again!