Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:15:42 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.java@melvyn.homeunix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [fixed] jdk-1.5 update to _3 does not work under freebsd 6 stable

Hi Melvyn,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 01:20:01AM +0100, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> attached are all patches that resulted in a succesful build for me and firefox
> showing in about:plugins:
> Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0-p2-root_14_dec_2005_21_49
>
>     File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
>     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0
>
> They might include bits of patches already in the port as some files already
> had a .orig.
>
> In short - I took the shortest route to getting the plugin implementation to
> accept PRThread * in place of JDUint32/nsPluginThread, fixed an include patch
> for moved headers and disabled the obsoleted NS_COMPONENT_MANAGER_CID with an
> #ifdef.

Thanks!  Have you successfully tested the plugin with some of the example
applets that come with the JDK?  Also, I wasn't sure that disabling
NS_COMPONENT_MANAGER_CID was the right thing to do.  It looked like that
may mean the plugin doesn't do the right thing with LiveConnect.  Comments?

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org