Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 1996 11:07:33 +1200
From:      Alex Ivopol <ivopola@emco.co.nz>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some additional facts.

Regarding your page at http://freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/WINCASTTV.html
it's great to see a list of all the semis on the board with links to
their datasheets.

I have a WinTVpci board by Hauppauge which is targeted at the European
PAL B/G
market with Teletext. In case you're interested on the parts present on
this board,
here'a a list:

The tuner is labeled "Front end 4002 FH5 Temic 3X7 756".
The semis in the tuner are all Philips parts:
TDA9800T - PLL detector /demodulator
TSA5522T - IIC controlled synthesizer
TDA5737M - Hyperband mixer oscillator

As an aside, the above tuner compares with a Philips FI1216 in both
pinout and
part layout though the Philips has slightly different parts (TDA9800,
TSA5518,
TDA5731). The Temic may well be a FI1236 in disguise though I have no
FI1236
to look at...

Moving avay from the tuner, we have the Bt848KPF of course with a
35M46895
crystall, the 4052 analog mux, the Philips 8582C2 EEPROM.

Also on the board are a SAA5246AGP/E teletext decoder with it's
associated
Winbond W24257AS-35 SRAM (probably an 8K part judging from the 5246
data sheets) and a 27M crystall.

On the PCB there are empty places for other chips which are not fitted,
probably
for all the other options like stereo, etc.

Later,

Alex