Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2018 23:08:22 +0200
From:      Dave Cottlehuber <dch@skunkwerks.at>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   unloading pf causes desktop system to freeze since ~ r335381

[cross-posting for advice on general debugging + network-specific thoughts]

TLDR since a week or so, probably around r335381 I can reliably get my machine to hang*** by unloading pf, while there's network traffic (e.g. video streaming or rsync) and waiting a minute or two  I still see it with r335576 a few times today. config & logs below, h/w is intel xeon v2667v4 on supermicro X10SRA-F dual igb nics.

However each time there's no crashdump, & the usual ctrl-alt-esc does't work either.

I'm a bit lost as to what I can do here to capture something useful. A few minutes later, the machine spontaneously reboots, I assume due to a h/w watchdog kicking up, and  there is no crashdump info present in /var/crash/ as I'd normally expect.

***hang means simultaneously:

- keyboard is unresponsive (capslock/numlock keys don't cause keyboard LEDs to toggle state)
- control-alt-esc doesn't work to get to the debugger
- music playing via mpd to an external USB DAC stops
- network sessions & tap interfaces fail
- X session contents freeze but remain visible

Is there some way I can get a kernel dump even though the system has fully hung?

- dmesg, rc.conf, ifconfig,  sysctls etc https://git.io/f4HQZ
- supermicro X10SRA-F bios v2.0a settings https://git.io/f4HQb

A+
Dave