Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:40:39 -0800
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Passing an argument to a port

Can someone clue me in on how to pass a variable to a port during make?

I am trying to customize the behavior of mail/imap-uw and mail/cclient.
  They ordinarily use unix mailbox format when creating new mailboxes,
and I want them to create mbx format mailboxes.  This is achieved by
setting CREATEPROTO=mbxproto during compilation.  For example:

make osx CREATEPROTO=mbxproto

achieves this on my OSX machine.  However, I'm not sure how to pass
this setting to the FreeBSD port.  If I do:

cd /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw
make install CREATEPROTO=mbxproto

it doesn't happen.  Is there some way to pass a given argument to the
make process from the make command in the port?

Thanks!

--
Mark Edwards