Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2006 19:06:18 +0200
From:      Martin Schweizer <lists_freebsd@bluewin.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem after update to 6.1

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

Hello=20

Since I updated 5.4R to 6.1R I get the following messages after reboot:

[snip]
Starting sshd.
Starting cyrus_imapd.
Starting sendmail.
Starting cron.
Local package initialization: apcupsd.
Additional TCP options:.
Starting default moused:.
Starting inetd.
Starting background file system checks in 60 seconds.
/etc/rc: Cannot determine the PREFIX
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
#

=2E.. and I get no login prompt here. What is going wrong?

I did the update like described in /usr/src/UPDATING:
[snip]
       To upgrade in-place from 5.x-stable or higher to 6.x-stable
        <make sure you have good level 0 dumps>
        make buildworld                                 [9]
        make kernel KERNCONF=3DYOUR_KERNEL_HERE           [8]
                                                        [1]
        <reboot in single user>                         [3]
        mergemaster -p                                  [5]
        make installworld
        make delete-old
        mergemaster -i                                  [4]
        <reboot>
[snip]

--=20

Regards

Martin=20
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer GmbH; Bannholzstrasse 6; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch;
public key : http://www.pc-service.ch/pgp/public_key.asc;=20
fingerprint: EC21 CA4D 5C78 BC2D 73B7  10F9 C1AE 1691 D30F D239;

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--