Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2006 00:30:03 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: s-video out of video card ...

--nextPart1291798.ejhCA2vFxc

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 23:47, User Freebsd wrote:
> I want to use one of my freebsd boxes to play downloads onto my tv
> ... specifically, Dr. Who episodes ... I have an s-video on the
> back of my tv, and there is one on my video card ...
>
> is it as simple as connecting the two, or is there something I have
> to do to tell the FreeBSD box to play out the s-video?
What video card are you using?  If it's an nvidia card read the=20
documentation that comes with the driver, as it is all explained=20
there.  But most likely you'll need to add some stuff to your=20
xorg.conf.  If it's an ATI google for the relevant changes you need=20
to make to your xorg.conf.
=2D-=20
Anish Mistry