Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:05:55 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Repeated softupdates panics in 3.3-STABLE

On 03/01 16:29, Keith Stevenson wrote:

> It looks like I may have spoken too soon when I mentioned that I had no
> problems with softupdates on my postfix based mail server.  I have now had
> two panics in the last month with a panicstr of "softdep_lock: locking
> against myself".  I thought that the first one might have been a fluke until
> it repeated itself today.

I too have seen this "softdep_lock: locking against myself" panic on a Postfix
server.  I was able to trigger it I think maybe twice by issuing a 'postfix
flush' command. :-/  This _was_ some months ago, when there was the odd commit
to the softupdates code going in, which suggests it's kind of a long standing
bug. :-(

(yes I know this isn't particularly useful -- I'm just trying to say "ME
TOO!!!" in a quasi-intelligent way. :-) )

best;

gjvc

--
[gjvc]                       \\ "...limited as I am by the sequential nature
                              \\  of human communication." -- E. W. Dijkstra