Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 01:04:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interest in a linux_crossdev port?

I'd very much like to see that.  If nothing else, it would make creating a
native FreeBSD port of GNAT (GNU Ada compiler) a bit easier to bootstrap
from the corresponding Linux version (GNAT is written in Ada so it's a
real Catch-22 trying to port it!). I have patches from the i386-NetBSD
version of GNAT (using pthreads), I just haven't had time to try them yet
on FreeBSD. Anyway, I may end up not needing a linux_crossdev port to
bootstrap GNAT, but it certainly can't hurt!  Go for it!

-- Jake