Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:16:55 -0400
From:      "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
To:        bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net
Cc:        spidaman@well.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Feasibility of porting Linux filesystem code?

   From: mika ruohotie <bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net>
   Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:52:46 +0300 (EET DST)

   yeah, if it'd be possible to get xfs to freebsd, i'd die
   happily... but, question is, is it?

   i can not help my knowledge into that project, should there ever
   exist such project, but i'm more than happily offering machine or
   few as a test platform.

XFS is SGI's bread and butter, if you write a freely available version
of it you'd:

1) Have to reverse engineer it completely
2) Would have a building full of lawyers on your ass

I know because I investigated such a thing ad nauseum while I was
hacking Linux at SGI, and that was the final word.

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s   ////
ethernet.  Beat that!                     ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><