Date:      Wed, 23 May 2007 12:13:58 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd on FreeBSD-6.2

--==========70EA2DB9B8E79A1FFB78==========

--On Wednesday, May 23, 2007 22:36:06 +0530 sac <sacchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to burn cds using burncd. When I try to blank using
> `burncd -f /dev/acd0 blank', it hangs forever until I interrupt.
> And when I burn data in verbose mode it outputs message saying cd
> burnt successfully:
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D
> addr =3D 0 size =3D 372736 blocks =3D 182
> writing from file 7.0-CURRENT-200704-i386-disc2.iso size 364 KB
> written this track 364 KB (100%) total 364 KB
> =3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> but when I try to mount the cd later, I'm unable to do it and the
> Input/Output error is thrown. Is there anything I'm missing? Is there
> any other way to burn the cd other than using cdrecord.

You need to use fixate:
 fixate        Fixate the medium so that the TOC is generated and the
                   media can be used in an ordinary CD drive.  The driver
                   defaults to creating singlesession media (see -m =
option).
                   Ignored in DAO mode (see -d option).

burncd -ef /dev/acd0 data /home/user/cd.iso fixate

--=20
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas