Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:04:27 -0500
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nVidia 64bit drivers

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:39:34 +0000
George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com> articulated:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Have the 64bit drivers from nVidia been incorporated into the
> > FreeBSD ports system yet? I read awhile ago that they were being
> > developed; however, I have not found them present in the ports
> > system.
>
> Yes they are, they got in to the ports tree a week or so after the
> nVidia release. [x11/nvidia-driver]

Actually, that is not the latest version,
<http://www.freebsdnews.net/2010/03/05/download-nvidia-195-36-08-freebsd-display-driver/>;
is the latest. Also, they appear to be waiting for when Linux/x86-64
compatibility is added to FreeBSD/amd64 is completed.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny@hotmail.com

Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after
layer and then you find there is nothing in it.

	James Huneker