Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:37:00 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vadim Goncharov <vadim_nuclight@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve

Hello, Vadim.
You wrote 18 =E0=E2=E3=F3=F1=F2=E0 2011 =E3., 3:10:19:

> 3. Kernel features for complex network solutions (netgraph, carp, ipfw).
>    The niche for routers & traffic analysis is still ours. It would be
>    nice to take e.g. pfSense and agree with some vendor (Netgear,
>    D-Link, etc) to put on sale hardware with FreeBSD inside.
  What about 10G routing? Here are reports about full-bandwidth 10G routing=
 on modern
Intel NICs with Linux (and multi-core server), but I didn't see any
such data for FreeBSD, and somebody says, that Intel drivers and
network stack is not so good parallel in FreeBSD.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>