Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 07:48:21 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Kaj J. Niemi" <kajtzu@final.dystopia.fi>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can background processes be accounted for?

> If I left a background process running and hangup, the process is not
> logged (is not shown at least), by 'ac ...' or 'sa ...'.
> How can I find out the time used for the process? (not using 'time', but
> for the system wide usage).

	ps -aux should show every active process in the system. So if you
	have a user called joebob you'd get his process list by "ps -aux |
	grep joebob". Personally I don't think it's worth the time to
	mess around with an accounting system to make it do something like
	this. *way* too complicated :)

--
Kaj - kajtzu@dystopia.fi/04800-30565 - PGP: C1EA5FC1657D9CDF-017C33F44433E712
"Hmm.. I need a ride to the morgue.. Hey! that's what Emergency-911 is for!!"