Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:19:06 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
To:        Bart Trzynadlowski <btrzynadlowski@powernet.net>
Cc:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: need help with pine

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 09:16:45PM -0700, Bart Trzynadlowski wrote:

> I'll try tin, maybe I'll try slrn later.
> But as for Mutt. How does it transport mail to my SMTP server? I think it
> used sendmail as the rc file indicates

Yes.

> but it also doesn't seem to have
> support for reply-to or username.

Oh yes it does. Add something like the following to ~/.muttrc:

my_hdr From: Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
my_hdr Reply-To: Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
my_hdr Organization: Total lack of

> The man pages aren't the best I've
> seen... Perhaps there's a way to get sendmail to add some lines to the
> mail header? I CAN change my username on my machine to "trzy" but
> unfortunately being the Curious George that I am I have this primal urge
> to get to the bottom of this =)

As for changing your username in the From: line, the ``my_hdr
From:'' line above does it. I log into FreeBSD as ``marko'' but my
ISP login is ``markov''. I'm not an expert on sendmail, but it
seems that as long as I have ``DMglobalnet.co.uk'' in /etc/sendmail
it doesn't change ``markov'' to ``markov''.

I set my sendmail up using m4 as detailed in an e-mail article in
the FreeBSDzine a couple of months ago.

For Mutt documentation go to http://www.mutt.org/. There's an
indexed HTML document set. That's what I used.

HTH