Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:47:29 +0200 (EET)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@olinet.isf.kiev.ua>
To:        Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with the setup script for StarOffice 3.1

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Mark Andres wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using FBSD 3.0-SNAP-970807.  I am attempting to install the Star
> Office port.  I first went into /usr/ports/emulators/linux_lib and
> installed the Linux library.  So I now have a /compat/linux/* filled out.
> Next, I went into /etc/rc.conf and set the following line:
>
>    linux_enable="YES"      # Linux emulation loaded at startup (or NO).
>
> I then rebooted.
>
> Next, I went into /usr/ports/editors/staroffice and installed Star Office
> 3.1.  The main installation went OK and it says to start the Star Office
> Writer program, that I should enter 'swriter3' command and it will run an
> install script the first time I run the command.
>
> I did a 'rehash' and then entered the 'swriter3 &' command.  The first
> time, I got "/usr/home/mark/.sd.sh not found," so I copied
> /usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/sd.sh to /usr/home/mark/.sd.sh and tried again.
> This time I get:
>
>    /usr/home/mark/.sd.sh: 1: Syntax error: newline unexpected
>
> I checked through the sd.sh script, but it looks OK to me.
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Note that this is Star Office 3.1,
> not the beta version.  Thanks.
>
>          +---------------------------------------------+
>          |  Mark Andres      E-mail: mark@giganet.net  |
>          |          100% Micro$oft Free!               |
>          |     URL: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/     |

Hi,
Did you install StarOffice on a disk only? There's an additional
installation script in StarOffice (somewhare in bin, don't remember
exactly) - install or something like this. You should run it as user (not
as root), and it'll modify all the neccessary .sd.sh, .sd.csh etc and copy
them in your home directory.

Hope this helps
Vladimir