Date:      Sat, 30 May 1998 14:31:48 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with SCSI drives over sd9?

> Jordan got involved with this for a bit, then it got kinda dropped... As far
> as I can tell - the system won't write disklabels to drives over sd9... If I
> forcibly re-wire the drives down into the sd0-8 range I can label, partition
> etc. fine...

I know that 22-stable's disklabel will work on sd18 :)

But my drives are NOT continuiously numbered.  Currently I've got
sd0,sd1,sd2,sd3 on one controler, and
sd10,sd11,sd12,sd13,sd14,sd15,sd18 on another one.  (the last digit
matches the SCSI id).

All of sd1X was done with ``disklabel -Brw sd1X auto'' and all use the
"c" partition.  Although, last month most of the sd1X used the "e"
partition (if any of this helps).

What is your setup?

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.ucdavis.edu  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)