Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:48:29 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD quest" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ext3 file system

Hi :)

is it possible to mount Linux ext3 file systems with fstab by label?
Before I run mount -a /mnt/dump had the same permissions, owner and group
as /mnt/archlinux has got. Is it possible to keep this? Both are Linux
ext3 fs. Mounting without a label does work.

root@freebsd:/usr/home/rocketmouse # cat /etc/fstab
# Device		Mountpoint	FStype	Options		Dump Pass
/dev/ad4s1b		none		swap	sw		0	0
/dev/ad4s1a		/		ufs	rw		1	1
/dev/ad4s1e		/tmp		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad4s1f		/usr		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad4s1d		/var		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/acd0		/cdrom		cd9660	ro,noauto	0	0
#proc                   /proc           procfs  rw              0       0
/dev/ada0s8             /mnt/dump       ext2fs  rw              0       0
#/dev/label/dump         /mnt/dump       ext2fs  rw              0       0
#/dev/label/archlinux    /mnt/archlinux  ext2fs  rw              0       0

root@freebsd:/usr/home/rocketmouse # ls -l /mnt
total 6
drwxr-xr-x  2 rocketmouse  wheel   512 Jan 20 20:51 archlinux
drwxrwxrwx  2 root         wheel  4096 Jan 20 20:09 dump
root@freebsd:/usr/home/rocketmouse # ls -l / | grep mnt
drwxr-xr-x    4 root  wheel      512 Jan 20 20:51 mnt

I still search the Internet, but had bad luck until now.

If I run 'gpart show -l' I can't see what /dev archlinux is, it doesn't
show Linux labels, so I need to restart and boot Linux to see at what
position it is, to figure out what /dev/ada*s* archlinux is.

Regards,
Ralf