Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 96 11:24:42 -0600
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        <barnes@biodec.wustl.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, JBarnes@CCO.caltech.edu
Subject:   Re: Workaround

My wife has a Dell at work that I just installed FreeBSD on.  The Dell's
Plug & Pray seems to somehow confuse FreeBSD.  I got the same error that you
reported where the floppy appeared dead.

I didn't have a lot of time to spend tracking down the problem, so I took
her disk out, brought it home, and installed FreeBSD on it from a machine
here.  I realize that this doesn't help solve the problem for people without
multiple machines.

Kenneth Ingham