Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:21:54 -0300
From:      Jesse Smith <jessefrgsmith@yahoo.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usage of shar command

I would like to see a little clarification on the handling of shar in
the handbook. Not a lot, but maybe a few examples. Most of the pages on
porting up to that point I found pretty clear, but that part I found a
little vague.

There's a line which says something like "attach the shar output to your
PR report" and I found myself going back and re-reading that paragraph.
Even if there's just a small example like:

You can create a shar (shell archive) by running

shar `find your_port_dir`

To store this output in a text file for easy uploading to your port
request, use

shar `find your_port_dir` > myfile.txt

It may seem like spoon feeding, but I think it would help clear things
up a little. Really, we want more people working on ports, don't we?