Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:07:46 -0700
From:      "Derek C." <coffee@blarg.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Please be nice to the newbie....

Hello all, I am new to FreeBSD, and I am about to embark on my first
FreeBSD kernel compile. I am very familiar with the kernel build process in
linux, but FreeBSD appears to be a very different animal in that respect.

So, what I am asking, is there any advice that you would care to impart to
this FreeBSD newbie (aside from RTFM, which I have done... FreeBSD's docs
kick butt)?

I appreciate it,

Derek