Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:59:24 +0200
From:      Martin Schweizer <pcservice.schweizer@spectraweb.ch>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        Martin Schweizer <info@pc-service.ch>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Telnet

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 09:39:41AM -0400 Jason Andresen wrote:

Hello Jason

> > >===== Original Message From Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org> =====
> >
> > >How are you using telnet from the FreeBSD machine?  Are you on the
> > >console
> > ... at the console
> >
> > >or are you in an xterm?
> > ... no, perhaps later
> >
> > The PC Console isn't a very good VT100
> > >emulator,
> > >you need to use a mode like "pc-cons" or "pc-ansi" or "ansi" or "cons25"
> > >or "pccons" or whatever the remote system actually has for PC consoles.
> > In default FreeBSD uses cons25. If I use TERM=vt100 then I can not use all
> > keys and the screen has some strange caracters.
> > >XTerms in general are halfway decent VT100 emulators, but using "xterm"
> > >is even better.
> > I will test it.

I test all the above terms with no success (results was allways the same)! I test it also in KDE2 (xterm).
There it was much more better then under the console. How can resovle this?
If you would I can e-mail you off-topic my account information at
otaku.freeshell.org.

--
Regards

Martin
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch